Who Needs A Licence
If you work as
- a Security Guard (Static) or
- Door Supervisor in a licenced premises or
- a Cash-in-Transit employee carrying out cash-handling duties
then you must have a PSA licence.
When you have received your licence you will be placed on our register.
The licensing of private security employees is covered by law and copies of our legislation can be found by clicking on the "Legislation" option on our homepage. Here you can find such information as:
- what is the definition of a Static Security Guard (SI No 468 of 2006)
- what is covered by the term "licenced premises" (SI No 468 of 2006)
- what types of Cash-in-Transit employees are covered by licensing (SI no 484 of 2012)
- The licensing of employees in other sectors, for example Event Security and Electronic Security, has yet to commence but an announcement will be made well in advance of licensing in these and other remaining areas becoming a legal requirement.
The rest of this section of our website will explain to you how to go about making an application for a licence for the first time or how to renew your licence as well as other useful information.
If you require any further information please ring us at the numbers listed under the "Contact Us" tab on this website or email us at email@example.com.