Applying For A First Licence
If you are applying for a licence to work as a Security Guard (Static) or a Door Supervisor employee you will need to register and pay for your application on-line
Once you have registered on-line you will receive your personalised application pack which must be signed by you and your photo attached. The application form should then be returned to us with the following documents:
- A copy of your Birth Certificate, passport or Driving Licence.
- A completed Garda Vetting form
- Foreign Criminal Record Certificate (if you have spent six months or more in another jurisdiction since the age of 15)
- Evidence that you have successfully completed the required training (see "TRAINING" tab on our homepage)
For further details on the potential impact criminal convictions or other issues have on your eligibility for a PSA licence please visit our homepage and click on the "Fit and Proper Guidelines" option. Please note that if your application is refused on the grounds that you are deemed not a fit and proper person to provide a licensed security service by reason of a breach (or breaches) of the PSA’s "Fit and Proper Guidelines" then no refund of the fee submitted will be made to you.
Completed application forms, along with any other documents from the list above should be sent the PSA in the pre-addressed envelope contained in the application pack or to: The Private Security Authority, Individual Licensing Division, Davis St, Tipperary Town, Co. Tipperary.
The PSA will accept the following as evidence that you have successfully completed the relevant training course:
- A copy of your QQI certificate or equivalent qualification in the case of Security Guard (Static) or Door Supervisor (Licensed Premises).
- A Notification of Completion of QQI Award Form (see Form TRF under "TRAINING" option on our homepage). A list of Training Providers who offer validated courses for Security Guard (Static) or Door Supervisor (Licensed Premises) is contained in the same option on our homepage.
- For Cash-in-Transit employees a Declaration of Training signed by both the applicant and the company training officer is required. This is FORM CIT-TRDF.
IF YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETED FULLY OR IF YOU DON’T SUBMIT ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AND WILL BE SENT BACK TO YOU.